Sunday 7 August 2011

CLASSIC IMAGE: ICON HEROES...


Pals through thick and thin, during Empire and Rebellion, Han Solo and Chewbacca the Wookiee are quite an enduring team still very much loved by STAR WARS fans and film fans worldwide.

This is a shot I found online that I'd never ever seen before. Photographed for RETURN OF THE JEDI in 1982 by photographer Brian Griffin, it's one of the few posed studio pixs of the pair taken for that film that I've seen (and believe me, I've seen very little so far). There must be more B/W and colour variations of this image out there in the LUCASFILM Archives waiting to be published or released by OFFICIALPIX...

Griffin also took posed studio background publicity images of Vader and Luke together for the film which have now become famous worldwide.


No comments: